Saturday 16 February 2008

Ugley Farmers Market - A step into the unknown....

It would have to be one of the coldest mornings on a while when i have to get up and leave the house early! by the time we left at ten past nine it had at least reached about freezing, but only by one degree!

Setting up was fine and i managed to get my table presented reasonably nicely although my chalk board canvas idea for the price list didn't work at all - good job i took some paper with me!
So this is how my little corner of the little room looked!

There were only 4 of us in the little craft room, as half term had kept sellers away as well as many buyers! but the lady next to me who was selling various textile items bought a little magnet of a bee as her granddaughter is called Bee.




It was good to network and meet people, and i am very grateful to Angela (who i met through freecycle) for introducing me to her friends. It was great being able to tell the lady with the textiles (apologies for not remembering names but my nerves blocked all of them out today apart from Sue (the organiser), Angela and Steph who makes soaps) about the online opportunities such as Etsy.com and Dawanda, as well as pick up contact details for future events, such as the Countess of Warwick fair in Dunmow which is held in august.

After advertising on facebook, one of my contacts RSVP'ed that he would be attending, i didn't expect him to at all, but he and his partner came over. i was kind of shocked as i hadn't seen him in about 2 years - at least. But it was wonderful to see him and he even picked up a Mother's Day gift from my stall - and some essential beer i noticed! This was the set of three he purchased:

Apparently January, February and March are particualry quiet and even more so today because of half term. So i am encouraged that i was about to cover my costs of the stall on a very quiet morning especially as the lady who has the signs that say "more stalls this way", as you had to walk through the kitchen to get to us (!!) wasn't there this week. If i go again though i am only able to get floor space as the regular photographer who is normally where i was will be back, but David has worked out that i could simply use the tripod to hold my white board.

Its given me a slight boost in confidence depsite waking up wishing it would be cancelled this morning!

Bring on the 15th March!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The stall looked great hun, and im sure my mum is gonna like her little present. Was nice to see you, make sure you invite me to your next one (especially if the beer man is there aswell!!! lol)

Well Done You!!!

Jenny said...

i guess it shows facebook does have its positive sides!! good to see you too!

Agent M. said...

oooh! these are super cute! =^.^=