- platter for one (£8.50) which included cockles, a green lip mussel, a crevette, shell on prawns, shell off prawns, smoked mackerel, smoken salmon and half a crab.
- 6 grilled green lip mussels with a herb and parmesan crust (£3.50)
- 3 scallops pan fired in butter with crispy bacon (£3.50)
- a mixed salad bowl (mixed lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion) (£3.50)
- a whole cooked crab (£4.50)
i was simply in the mood for crab, so the whole crab was for me! and i enjoyed every last little bit of it. i think i could eat that everyday if i had access to it. but i don't think i can really justify driving to Ongar every day and spending £5 on dinner each day. although dinner tonight cost almost £7 for the main ingredient alone! (squid from an expessive food store).
after lunch we took a walk along the coast to pick some samphire.
when we got back to the pontoon there were lots of people on the end, we thought it was just people crabbing with their kids, but there was a seal very close off the end of the water.
after a quick cuppa and a reheated frozen scone at The Coast Inn it was time to head home.
a thoroughly enjoyable day all round.