Filo Mince Pies
- pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C
- cut sheets of filo into squares just bigger than the size of a muffin/fairy cake tin. layer 4 squares at different angles, brushing with egg white (or milk or melted butter if feeling indulgent), in between each layer, and place in patty tins to make baskets.
- place a teaspoon of mincemeat in each basket and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- meanwhile mix icing sugar and brandy to create a smooth icing and drizzle over mince pie tarts.
- then dust with icing sugar.
this was my end result:
The Tiramisu Tarts were quite an experiment, i wasn't sure whether to have the mascarpone fresh or baked, or how to get the coffee in there. so in the end this seemed to be the best method:
- preheat oven to 180 Degrees C
- layer 4 squares filo (just bigger than holes of patty tin in size) at different angles and use to line patty tins
- mix mascarpone with vanilla pod seeds and masarla and a little icing sugar (all done to taste, no measurements)
- mix coffee granules with hot water to create a smooth paste.
- spread a little of the paste into the bottom of the uncooked filo baskets
- place a teaspoon of the mascarpone mixture in the baskets
- bake in the oven for about 15 mins until the filo is golden and the mascarpone had a slight golden crust.
- remove from oven and dust with cocoa powder.
this is what the end result looked like:
quite a productive day all in all as well as having to go out to get some more mincemeat (despite mum assuring me one jar would be enough!), and coming home with a pair of tracksuit bottoms, a tube of bostik glue, a 4m length of christmas ribbon, and a jar of mincemeat!