Sunday 20 July 2008

Healthy Baked Cheesecake (and Yummy Too!)

I found a baked cheese cake recipe in The Ultimate Low Fat Baking Cookbook, that i borrowed from the library. It was the only recipe that i found in there that i thought i would feel able to eat some of too, which was what my aim in getting the book from the library was. Plus i've always fancied trying a baked cheesecake, as i've never even eaten one let alone baked my own.

The recipe was pretty straight forwards, and although it looked set after it had had it's baking time of 30 minutes, it just didn't look as golden on top as the picture in the book, but i didn't want to bake it for any longer as it was starting to crack on one edge. So i turned the oven off and left it in there for another 30 minutes as it said.

I was hoping to turn it out after that 30 minutes but when i touched the top of the cake it still felt sticky and would have stuck to my hand. So i left it and had dinner, however by the time i came to cut it, after trying to lift out the slices and failing because of the greaseproof paper that was lining the bottom, i had to turn it out. I did it using a plate, fully expecting the top to stick to the plate, but to my surprise (and delight) once i had peeled off the lining paper and righted the cake there wasn't a mark on the top.

It was set all the way through and tasted lovely, even mum admitted to that! I think because i was a healthier low fat recipe, and the fact that i was eating some too, she thought it would lack on flavour, but not in the slightest.

I'll certainly be using the recipe again, however next time i might try some different fruit - maybe raspberries or gooseberries.

No comments: